Post Production Supervisor, Video
Atlas Obscura is seeking a Post Production Supervisor to support AO’s Brand Studios and Entertainment team and help bring a wide range of video projects to life this year. Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Post Production Supervisor will be responsible for managing several high-stakes post-production processes simultaneously. You will work closely with the supervising producer & client-facing campaign producers to design efficient workflows, create delivery milestones and work with external vendors to keep projects on track and ensure AO’s editorial and quality standards are being met and, often, surpassed. We’re looking for someone who has a keen eye for detail, has 4 or more years of experience managing post-production for branded content, and is an excellent project manager. AO’s award-winning video team has produced over 200 videos across the world and has an exciting slate of video projects at various scales and across several platforms lined up for production this year.
Atlas Obscura is a remote-first company and employees may be based anywhere in the United States or Canada. This is a full-time six-month temporary employee role.
Founded in 2008, Atlas Obscura recently completed a $20 million Series B funding round led by Airbnb and is growing rapidly. At its core, Atlas Obscura believes in surfacing magic and wonder, and we seek to bring that very spirit of magic and wonder to the work we do with brands, which have included Chase, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and more.
- Work with the Supervising Producer to facilitate a smooth hand-off from production to post, and ensure that our production vendors have all the information and assets they need to kick-off post-production work.
- Work with the Director of Production and Operations Manager to keep track of and report on incoming and ongoing video projects - and work with Campaign Producers and the Account Director to ensure timely communication is being sent out to clients about post-production milestones.
- Work with production vendors to ensure that post-production remains on track. If not, work with the Executive Producer, Campaign Producer and Account Director to address roadblocks.
- Consolidate feedback on assets from internal and external stakeholders and deliver it back to vendors on time to keep post-production running smoothly.
- Take on hands-on editing responsibilities on certain projects, as required.
- Manage stock footage, music and graphics libraries, and work with the Operations Manager to keep track of appropriate licenses.
- Standardize delivery specifications, and ensure that the vendors adhere to them.
- Work with the operations manager to create and manage a video asset management system to store final exports and working files for all video projects.
- Work closely with the Executive Producer, Media Manager and the Audience team to standardize distribution specs, create a video distribution plan for each campaign and provide the team with the assets they need to publish videos, including but not limited to thumbnails, promos, subtitles, etc.
- Upload videos to CMS and manage the video playlist on YouTube and the AO website with support from the Audience and Product team.
- When required, support our web-development partners with video-specific requirements for branded microsites