Atlas Obscura is looking for an experienced Creative Producer, Branded Video Content to grow and oversee our branded video initiatives. All applicants must be equipped with strong storytelling skills, a passion for authentic branded content, and an intimate knowledge of the ever-shifting online video. landscape.
Founded in 2009, Atlas Obscura recently completed a $20 million Series B funding round led by Airbnb last September and is poised for strong growth in 2021 and beyond. Video is one of our strongest languages, and we are looking for an experienced creative producer to help us lead and grow our portfolio of work in the branded content space.
Atlas Obscura is a remote-first company. This position may be based anywhere within the continental US.
- Oversee production and post-production for branded video projects (including social video, short doc video. and web series); ensure seamless on-set and edit processes and help manage contracts, rights and clearances, budgets, and schedules
- Run point on hiring for all project-based video production positions and talent; be able to actively recruit the top talent available
- Understand the Atlas Obscura brand and tone, and ensure the team constantly infuses our brand video content with them through topic selection and storytelling; possess a discerning eye for on camera talent that fits the brand
- Co-lead, along with sales and brand studio leadership, branded content video product and approach
- Responsible for building scalable process and operations for branded video
- Actively participate in the pre-sale process; produce branded content concepts and treatments in advance of sell-through
- Work seamlessly with the larger brand partnerships team — including head of brand studios, account managers, and written and social content lead — to execute complex, multi-pronged content packages
- Work with the editorial leads to develop new editorial franchises and innovative series that appeal to both audiences and advertisers
- Leverage data and insights to evaluate the performance of social content and to guide future content and creative concepts
- Reports to Head of Video at Atlas Obscura, with a dotted line to the Executive Director of AO Brand Studios
- Minimum 7-10 years leading a branded video teams and creating high quality branded content
- An understanding of contracts, rights, and clearances
- A high degree of drive, energy, accountability and initiative — must be largely self-managing.
- Great communication - ability to work across a media organization to achieve results.
- Highly organized and with great time management to meet client deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and independently
Compensation is competitive and includes equity. Benefits for full-time employees include generous time off policy, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.
About Atlas Obscura
Atlas Obscura is an award-winning travel company founded in 2009. Widely celebrated for building the definitive, community-driven guide to the world's hidden wonders, the company also offers unique online and in-person experiences, produces once-in-a-lifetime trips, and has published two New York Times bestselling books with more than a million copies in print. Atlas Obscura has been nominated for three National Magazine Awards, a James Beard Award, three Webby Awards, and in 2020 was named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing companies. Having raised a $20M, Series B led by Airbnb last summer, Atlas Obscura is well-positioned for growth.