Senior Manager, Sales - Food
Atlas Obscura is looking for a driven, enthusiastic, and intensely curious candidate to own food categories (CPG, QSR, non-alcoholic beverages) for our growing company.
You should have a passion for sales and a deep Rolodex of ad buyers. Experience selling in the food category is ideal. Experience selling branded content, sponsored events, and innovative, integrated marketing programs is required. You should also be excited by Atlas Obscura’s mission to inspire our audience with wonder and curiosity about the world.
This position will help us monetize not only Atlas Obscura, but our growing food brand, Gastro Obscura. We’re looking for a scrappy, entrepreneurial seller who can not only sell to these categories but who will also help define market positioning and product.
Atlas Obscura is a remote-first company, so you can work from anywhere within the continental United States. This position is work from home / remote and may be based anywhere, though we have a preference for candidates within a reasonable driving distance to the New York City, Chicago, or Los Angeles markets.
What You'll Do:
Represent Atlas Obscura to the West Coast market - conceiving, selling, and renewing advertising campaigns.
Meet and exceed monthly meetings and RFP targets as well as quarterly revenue targets. Contribute to cross-team brainstorms and development of pitch materials and media plans. Communicate clearly with clients about everything from pitches and creative ideas to online ad specifications, performance metrics, and deliverable due dates.
- You have 4-6 years in digital media sales, with an emphasis on branded content
- You know the roadmap of ad-buying— experience with and knowledge of food-related ad categories required.
- Not only do you have buyer relationships, but you also have a knack for getting in high-level rooms cold; you are street smart, scrappy, and very good at forging alliances and building strategic relationships
- You are a builder who thrives on being in an entrepreneurial, VC-backed environment
- You are an excellent storyteller — both verbally and in writing and presentations
- You are extremely creative and able to ideate with a client on the fly about a big, creative marketing idea.
- You have a demonstrated aptitude for creative problem-solving and incredibly strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- You possess a passion for remarkable journalism and digital media.
- You are exceptional at task management and project management and have an eye for the little details that make a good presentation a great one.
Compensation is competitive and includes commission and equity. Benefits for full-time employees include a generous time-off policy, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.
About Atlas Obscura
Atlas Obscura is an award-winning travel company founded in 2009. Widely celebrated for building the definitive, community-driven guide to the world's hidden wonders, the company also offers unique online and in-person experiences, produces once-in-a-lifetime trips, and has published two New York Times bestselling books with more than a million copies in print. Atlas Obscura has been nominated for three National Magazine Awards, a James Beard Award, three Webby Awards, and in 2020 was named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing companies. Having raised a $20M, Series B led by Airbnb last summer, Atlas Obscura is well-positioned for growth.