Director, Integrated Media Planning, Buying, & Strategy
Founded in 2008 Atlas Obscura believes in surfacing magic and wonder, and we seek to bring that very spirit of magic and wonder to the work we do with brands, which have included Chase, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and more.
We are looking for an integrated media director to join our growing brand partnerships team. In this role, you will not only execute media plans for our brand partners, and proactively develop new distribution strategies/products but also help us create structure/automation as we grow. We’re looking for someone with a strong POV on media -- an insatiably curious media junkie who has a desire to be a part of a dynamic, innovative, fast-growing team.This individual will work alongside another media manager to ensure all media-related asks, internally and externally are met with the utmost care.
- Assist in the creation and development of media recommendations and other critical presentations for Atlas Obscura’s Brand Partners
- Present media recommendations to the client and/or media agency partners.
- Manage the planning team, including training, evaluating performance, and supporting growth.
- Work with Atlas Obscura’s media buying agency and other vendors/partners to execute sold media plans flawlessly across Video, Audio, Search, Social and Programmatic; and to analyze paid media plan performance and make recommended optimizations
- Act as a company thought leader regarding data and targeting - proactively recommend and develop data and targeting solutions that can be productized
- Partner directly with the Director, Creative Development to set the strategic tone and direction for planning deliverables.
- Help define and build processes and operations as it relates to media planning and buying
- 7+ years of media experience, either at a media buying agency or in a publisher planning department
- Experience managing a team
- Experience building large-scale media plans for brands
- Deep familiarity with content distribution strategies; understanding of how content moves through the pipes of the internet
- Experience buying various forms of media, from digital to streaming to OHH
- Experience with pulling data insights to create a compelling narrative.
- Media consultancy and branded content experience is a plus.
- You are a media junkie who loves the guts of media - you love being in the weeds of CPMs, CTRs and CPVs
- You are an innovator who loves inventing new things and challenging the traditional way of thinking
- You are highly strategic and original thinker with proven problem-solving abilities
- You are insatiably curious and love learning
- You can quickly respond to urgent media-related asks from the internal team to clients.
- You have a strong work ethic with a roll-up-your sleeves, can-do attitude while multitasking on several active campaigns.
- You are hungry to work as a part of a fast-growing organization, and desire to eventually build and lead a team