Supervising Producer, Video
Atlas Obscura is seeking a producer to support AO’s Brand Studios and Entertainment team and help bring a wide range of video projects to life this year. Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Supervising Producer will be responsible for providing creative and operational support at various stages of production - from conception to final delivery. The video producer will work closely with client-facing campaign producers as well as external production vendors to help keep the project running smoothly. If you pride yourself on being an operational wizard as well as a creative powerhouse with experience producing branded videos at various scales - we’re looking for you. AO’s award-winning video team has produced over 200 videos across the world and has an exciting slate of non-scripted video projects lined up for production this year.
Atlas Obscura is a remote-first company and employees may be based anywhere in the United States or Canada. This is a full-time six-month temporary employee role.
Founded in 2008, Atlas Obscura recently completed a $20 million Series B funding round led by Airbnb and is growing rapidly. At its core, Atlas Obscura believes in surfacing magic and wonder, and we seek to bring that very spirit of magic and wonder to the work we do with brands, which have included Chase, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and more.
- Support the Pre-Sales & Entertainment team with creating and vetting video pitches from an editorial & executability standpoint.
- Run final concepts, timelines and budgets by the Executive Producer for review, before decks are finalized.
- Work with the Director of Production, Operations Manager & Post-Production supervisor to keep track of and report on timelines and budgets for incoming and ongoing video projects.
- Lead video-specific resource allocation and production management, and work with the Executive Producer to allocate appropriate internal resources and external vendors to projects accordingly.
- Support the Executive Producer & Director of Production with creating and maintaining a rolodex of production partners at various price points and with specific expertise.
- Work on creative briefs for incoming vendors and work with campaign producers to onboard them properly to branded video projects.
- In collaboration with campaign producers and external vendors, create a production timeline, establish a clear set of deliverables and set appropriate goals and milestones.
- Work with the Executive Producer of Video to provide creative and operational oversight at every step of the production. Be present on-set as an AO representative to provide creative supervision and support, when required. Ensure we adhere to quality as well as safety standards on set. Ensure that all releases and permissions are in place and documented as needed, and passed on the Director of Production/Operations Manager.
- At the end of production, prepare for a smooth hand-off to the post-production supervisor.
Compensation is competitive and includes medical, dental & vision benefits.
Please include a resume, cover letter and a link to your showreel/website with your application.