Founded in 2008, Atlas Obscura recently completed a $20 million Series B funding round led by Airbnb and is growing rapidly. At its core, Atlas Obscura believes in surfacing magic and wonder, and we seek to bring that very spirit of magic and wonder to the work we do with brands, which have included Chase, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and more.
We are looking for a media planner and buyer to join our growing brand partnerships team. In this role, you will plan and execute media plans for our brand partners and proactively develop new distribution strategies/products. We’re looking for someone with a strong POV on media -- an insatiably curious media junkie who has a desire to be a part of a dynamic, innovative, fast-growing team.
- Build strategic media plans for brand partners, focusing on digital but also including additional media tactics like out-of-home, in-flight, voice, and more
- Work with Atlas Obscura’s media buying agency and other vendors/partners to execute sold media plans; monitor pacing and delivery of sold campaigns for brand partners, and recommend optimizations to clients
- Act as company thought leader regarding data and targeting - proactively recommend and develop data and targeting solutions that can be productized
- Act as the key liaison to Atlas Obscura’s ad operations ad operations partner (this company takes care of traditional ad trafficking, pixeling, etc.)
- Help define and build processes and operations as it relates to media planning and buying
- Own and define data-driven strategies related to campaign performance/attribution (brand studies, foot traffic studies, etc.).
- Act as department thought leader on media. Fully own media for the department and proactively identify new media products, from premium display units to emerging media formats
- Own oversight of inventory to aid in pre-sale conversation and ensure smooth delivery and execution of media plan
- 3-5 years of media experience, either at a media buying agency or in a publisher planning department
- Experience building large-scale media plans for brands
- Deep familiarity with content distribution strategies; understanding of how content moves through the pipes of the internet
- Experience buying various forms of media, from digital to streaming to OHH
- Experience with data and targeting
- You are a media junkie who loves the guts of media - you love being in the weeds of CPMs, CTRs and CPVs
- You are an innovator who loves inventing new things and challenging the traditional way of thinking
- You are a strategic and original thinker with proven problem-solving abilities
- You are insatiability curious and love learning
- You have a strong work ethic with a roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude
- You are hungry to work as a part of a fast-growing organization and desire to eventually build and lead a team
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest at the following link: https://atlasobscura.applytojob.com/apply/XHbVaOVSP7/Manager-Media-Planning-Buying-Strategy
Compensation is competitive. Benefits for full-time employees include a generous time-off policy, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.