Event Sponsorship Sales Manager
Atlas Obscura is a media and entertainment company dedicated to sharing the world’s hidden wonders. The company was founded in 2008 as a user-created compendium of the world's most incredible places, and these days produces award-winning journalism and chart-topping podcasts, leads unique guided trips all around the world, and has published three consecutive New York Times best selling books. Our in-house Experiential team produces unique and wondrous live events powered by the same creative vision and approach.
We are looking for a driven, entrepreneurial business development professional to own sponsorship sales for events, starting with a major festival in April 2024. You should have a passion for business and relationship development, as well as expertise in selling sponsored events and innovative integrated experiential marketing programs. You should also be excited by Atlas Obscura’s mission to inspire our audience with wonder and curiosity about the world.
- You have 4-6 years in event sales
- Not only do you have relationships, but you also have a knack for getting in high level rooms cold; you are street smart, scrappy, and very good at forging alliances and building strategic relationships
- You are a builder who thrives on being in an entrepreneurial, VC-backed environment
- You are an excellent storyteller — both verbally and in writing and presentations
- You are extremely creative and able to ideate with a client on the fly about a big, creative marketing idea
- You have a demonstrated aptitude for creative problem-solving and incredibly strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- You possess a passion for building remarkable experiences
- You are exceptional at task management and project management and have an eye for the little details that make a good presentation a great one
This is a remote position and can be anywhere in the U.S., with travel required for events.
Compensation is competitive and includes commission and equity. Benefits for full-time employees include generous time off policy, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.